Monday, October 23, 2023

Blog Post #1

The main source of media I use to find out new information is through the app TikTok. TikTok is a platform where creators can post content they want other people to hear. I do not like reading long articles because I tend to get distracted and bored. I like how on TikTok, I can listen to news stories rather than read them. Also, I like how TikTok shows viewers posts that they are interested in based on their prior engagement. I would recommend TikTok because they are short videos. Normally, videos are fifteen seconds long, so it forces the creator to give a quick summary of the story by only highlighting the most important points.

https://www.tiktok.com/


The next social media platform I use to find new stories is Instagram. On Instagram, I use the explore tab to find stories that I might be interested in. Similar to TikTok, the explore page shows users posts that they would like based off of prior engagement. I would recommend Instagram because of how convenient it is. Users can follow other accounts and see the news stories that they are posting.  Additionally, users can find news by searching hashtags. What is also good about Instagram is that users can comment directly on someone's page, they can share their thoughts in the comments, and interact with other users. 



I am not a big Snapchat user, but when I do go on it, I always check out the Discover page. On the Discover page, one can find news stories. What I like about this platform is how short and quick the stories are. I can see a quick summary of current events rather than reading a lengthy article. Other people would like to use Snapchat for news because it contains such a wide variety of news stories, such as SEVENTEEN and National Geographic.  

https://www.snapchat.com/



If I want to find out about formal news on campus, I use High Point Universty's website. On the High Point University website, there is a News and Media section. I like how the news stories are arranged in chronological order, so if I am looking for a specific story, I can look for it based off of the date. Other people would like this website because one can keyword search for stories and find exactly what they are looking for.  

https://www.highpoint.edu/newsandmedia/



If I want to find out about news going around at school that is informal and more gossip-based, I use the app YikYak. YikYak is an app where people in a community can post information. What I like about YikYak is that I can find out information extremely fast. Typically, if I am confused about something going on on campus, I will post a question. For instance, if I am curious about what the hours are at the Caf I can post and wait for someone to respond to me.  Other people would like YikYak because users can post anonymously, which is beneficial because people are brutally honest.

https://yikyak.com







No comments:

Post a Comment